TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Reinstall VeriScan Desktop on your PC
- VeriScan Online Users
- VeriScan Local Users
Download VeriScan on your new PC
You can download the latest version of VeriScan from our website.
You will also need to download any necessary drivers for your scanning hardware
It is not possible to transfer from VeriScan Local on Windows to another platform (ex. Mobile).
If you'd like to use VeriScan sync across multiple platforms, ask your account manager about VeriScan Online.
VeriScan Online Users
Logging in with a valid VeriScan Online subscription will automatically license the software.
When you first launch the program, it will ask you to complete the registration.
Ignore this message and continue with the VeriScan Desktop Trial for now.
Go to Setup > Set Data Sources > VeriScan Online and enter your VeriScan Online Device Login information.
Click the Verify button and then the OK button to log into your VeriScan Online account.
For more detailed information on VeriScan Online, you can read our article here:
VeriScan Local Users
Licensing The New PC
To transfer your local VeriScan database and settings to a new PC, you must license the new PC.
To get a new key, you must provide your active license key for your old PC to be deactivated.
If your old license is expired, you must purchase a renewal before a new key can be generated.
License key transfers are only available to customers with an active software support plan and an active license key.
1. On the NEW PC, open up VeriScan.
2. Navigate to Help > Registration.
3. Click Register via Internet.
* This should open the registration page in your default browser. If it does not, please open this page in any modern web browser.
4. Fill out your First and Last Name.
5. Put in today's date in Order Date.
6. Fill out Order Number as "TRANSFER".
7. Pick your purchase location according to how your purchased VeriScan.
8. The Device ID (aka. Computer ID) should be automatically filled in if you clicked the button.
* If you had to open it manually via the link in Step 3, you will have to fill it out manually based on the code given at the top of the screen in Step 2.
9. Put the email associated with your prior account.
10. In the comments, put your old license key.
11. Click Submit.
You should receive a new license key from our technical support team shortly.
This license key will be valid only for the new PC and will have the same expiration date as your previous key.
Please be patient:
You may not receive your key as quickly as a standard license key request. A support agent must manually deactivate the previous key before a new one can be generated.
Transfer The Database
To transfer your database from the OLD PC to your NEW PC, please do the following:
1. Make sure VeriScan is closed on OLD PC.
2. On the OLD PC, navigate to either*:
* Because this is a hidden folder, you may have to type the location in the address bar.
3. Look for the file in that directory called "VeriScanLocalDatabase.sdf".
4. Copy this file onto a flash drive or any other external storage device.
5. Make sure VeriScan is closed on NEW PC.
6. On the NEW PC, navigate to the same location as in Step 2.
7. Delete the VeriScanLocalDatabase.sdf file on the NEW PC.
8. Copy the OLD DATABASE (In External Storage) into the location of Step 2 on the NEW PC.
9. Relaunch VeriScan and you data, groups, and history should be on the NEW PC.