Overview of the Dutchie ID scanning module, powered by VeriScan software
VeriScan is a cloud-based ID scanning and age verification tool that syncs seamlessly with the Dutchie platform. IDScan.net is the parent company of the VeriScan product.
If you’d like more information on ID scanning for dispensaries, check out the IDScan.net web page on cannabis dispensary ID scanning.
VeriScan scans the 2D barcode on the back of the ID, or the machine readable zone (MRZ) on a passport, and parses the information stored there, allowing you to validate and check-in customers quickly and efficiently. Newly scanned IDs will create new Dutchie customer profiles, and subsequent ID scans will add to the customer’s visit history.
VeriScan also provides age verification and ID authentication. Age verification can be performed using any device. ID authentication and catching fake IDs requires specialty hardware such as the CR5400 or M500. All Dutchie-compatible hardware can be purchased directly on the IDScan.net website.
Quick Guide To ID Scanner Selection >>
VeriScan supports more than 2,700 ID formats. It can scan all North American government-issued IDs, global passports, military ID cards.
Medical marijuana card scanning and parsing coming Q4 2022!
Things to know
VeriScan ID scanning is compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. Contact your sales representative for information about alternative ID scanning solutions for macOS.
If you want to use VeriScan for multiple unique guest lists (Adult Use vs. Medical in the same location, or different store locations) you'll need separate PCs or tablets for each guest list and an ID scanner for each PC or tablet.
The E-Seek M280 ID scanner works for most states' IDs. Colorado IDs issued between 2016 and 2021 have a barcode defect that requires the E-Seek M500 ID scanner.
If you haven't already purchased ID scanners through Dutchie, you can order them from IDscan.net. You do not need to purchase any software from IDScan.net, your ID scanning licenses will be billed through your Dutchie account.
If you are looking to catch a high degree of fake IDs or meet the highest standards of age verification, you will want to purchase VeriScan Authentication, and will need an ID scanner capable of performing document authentication. The E-Seek M500, Thales AT9K, and Thales CR5400 are all compatible with VeriScan Authentication. The IDScan.net team can help you purchase VeriScan Authentication.
Which Fields Can Be Populated Using VeriScan?
Scanned Date/Time: 2022-10-26T01:56:01.1
ID Number: 007070770
First Name: Robert
Middle Name: Nesta
Last Name: Marley
Birth Date: 1945-02-06T01:00:00
ID Expiration Date: 2025-02-06T01:00:00
Address: 1300 Biscayne Blvd.
Postal Code: 33132-0000
Country: UNITED STATES
Country Code: USA
Comments: manual entry at time of scan
Phone: manual entry at time of scan
Email: manual entry at time of scan
Document Type: DL (driver's license)
Location Name: The Strip, Las Vegas
Group Name: Banned
Group Comment: reason why added to group
Device Name: Front Desk 01
Device Login: frontdesk01
Attachment Links: hosted on IDScan.net secure cloud
Image Link: hosted on IDScan.net secure cloud
Signature Link: hosted on IDScan.net secure cloud
Document Is Valid: true/false (barcode security check result)
Set up a VeriScan account
- Create your VeriScan account using IDScan.net’s secure sign-up portal.
- Go to Settings > Devices and create logins for each PC or tablet you plan to use with VeriScan.
- Open a ticket with Dutchie POS Support to have the integration activated and provide your VeriScan organization name and account email address.
Set up VeriScan in the Backoffice
- After Dutchie POS Support has activated the VeriScan integration for you, go to Settings > Integrations > IDScan in the Backoffice.
- Click Generate. The Webhook URL field auto-populates. You'll paste this URL into VeriScan later.
- Change Enabled to Yes.
- Enter your Location Name as you want it to appear in VeriScan. You'll enter this same location name into VeriScan later.
- Click Update.
Create a Waiting Room
- Go to Settings > Rooms.
- Click Add room.
- In the Room Name field, enter Waiting Room.
- From the Is Waiting Room dropdown, choose Yes. Leave all other dropdowns set to No.
- Click Update.
- Go to Registers > Configure > Guestlist status and make sure you have a Default status set.
Complete the setup in VeriScan Online
- Log in to VeriScan Online.
- Go to Settings > Locations and click the Edit icon.
- Enter the same Location Name you entered in the Dutchie Backoffice and click Save.
- Go to Settings > Integration Services > Webhooks.
- Select the Active and Update History Record checkboxes.
- Click Add Endpoint.
- Copy and paste your Webhook URL from the Dutchie Backoffice in the URL field and select the Active checkbox.
- Click Create.
If you change your Location Name, be sure to
- Update it in both the Dutchie Backoffice and in VeriScan Online.
- Generate a new Webhook URL in the Backoffice and paste it into VeriScan Online.
Install and use VeriScan on a PC
Step One: Install the VeriScan Desktop app
(Skip this section if you're using a Panasonic TOUGHBOOK FZ-N1)
VeriScan Desktop syncs directly with VeriScan Online and Dutchie. However, the desktop application leverages the computing power of your machine to perform the algorithmic checks on the ID.
- Go to IDScan.net’s Downloads & Manuals Page and click the Download button under VeriScan Desktop.
- Do not check the Install Veriscan as a Service box.
- You do not need to register the software.
- Click VeriScan Desktop Manual to download the software manual for reference.
All hardware drivers can be found on the IDScan.net Hardware Drivers Page.
Step Two: Set up and connect the VeriScan Desktop app
- Open VeriScan Desktop and go to Setup > Set Data Sources.
- Select the Enable VeriScan Cloud box and enter your Device Login and Password.
You can view and update your device logins and passwords in VeriScan Online by going to Settings > Devices and clicking the Edit icon.
Step Three: Use VeriScan on a PC
The ID Scan integration is now set up, and you are ready to test.
- The VeriScan Desktop app needs to be running but does not need to be open and visible.
- Open the Dutchie POS Register and click on Guest List (do not use Security Check-In)
- Use the Top Down Insert with a Drivers License. If you hear a beep, the ID was scanned successfully.
- When you scan the ID of a customer whose Dutchie POS profile information is an exact match to their ID, the customer is automatically checked in.
- When you scan the ID of a customer who does not have a matching profile in Dutchie POS, VeriScan automatically inputs and parses their ID information to create a new customer profile.
Install and use VeriScan on an iPad
Download a PDF guide to using VeriScan on an iPad >>
- Download the Veriscan Online app from the App Store.
- Launch the app and navigate to Settings.
- Click Login/Sync and enter your device login and password.
- Navigate to the Scan page by clicking the first icon on the bottom of the app.
- Click the camera scan button to access the camera.
- Place the barcode of the ID being scanned into the camera frame.
- The data will be populated into Dutchie POS.
- Any optional comments, groups, or tags can be added to the profile.