How to set up your IDWare 9000 Plus out of the box to work with VeriScan and start scanning IDs and passports.
IDWare 9000 Plus devices purchased directly from IDScan.net
For devices purchased from our Amazon store, click here.
The IDWare 9000 Plus comes with 3 side buttons on either side and a touchscreen navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. It also has a 3 physical buttons on the front.
|Left Side Buttons||Front Buttons||
Right Side Buttons
|Left Side||Main Screen||Right Side|
Before you can use the VeriScan app with your IDWare 9000 Plus scanner, you must first complete Google setup wizard to connect to WiFi and sign into your Google Account. Afterwards, you will need to go into the Universal Scanner Settings app to enable scanning Driver's Licenses and Passports.
This section will show you how to complete the setup wizard and configure your scanner for use with Driver's Licenses and Passports.
- Turn on the device by holding the power button on the left of the device
If your device does not start the setup wizard and VeriScan is already installed, you can follow this guide to set your device up.
If you have any questions about this process, contact technical support.
- At the Google Sign In screen, enter your Gmail address for this device.
We recommend using a generic Gmail address for your company to setup your device. This will allow you to:
If you don't want to use your personal email, talk to your IT team about creating a new Gmail account just for VeriScan. It only takes a few minutes and it's free!
- When prompted, Accept the terms and conditions for Google Services.
- When prompted, you can set a PIN number to lock the device.
- We recommend using a PIN number to secure your device.
- This will keep your device secure if lost or stolen and prevent unauthorized users from accessing your sensitive data.
- Optionally, agree to Location Consent.
Enable Driver's License and Passport Scanning
Once your device is connected to the internet and signed into Google, you'll need to configure the barcode scanner on your device to accept Drivers Licenses and Passports.
You'll also be able to disable unwanted barcode types to ensure VeriScan only scans the secure PDF417 Barcode on the back of the ID.
To get started:
- Swipe up on the home screen to access the apps drawer
- Click the Set Up button at the bottom of the main screen
- Ensure that the Open the Scanner checkbox is enabled
- Tap on Advanced Configuration at the bottom of settings screen
- Tap on Symbology Configuration
- Enable the PDF417 checkbox
- Disable all other checkboxes on this screen
- Press the Back Button to go back to the SCAN Settings
- Tap on OCR Configuration
- Enable the OCR checkbox
- Ensure OCR Template Setting is set to Passport
Creating a new VeriScan Account
Are you a new customer?
Create a VeriScan Account so you can sign into the VeriScan app.
If you have not signed up for a VeriScan account, you can use one of these guides to get started. After you have completed the steps, be sure to click on the VeriScan for Android Setup option at the bottom of the page.
|VeriScan Basic||Create a new VeriScan Basic Account|
|VeriScan Premium||Create a new VeriScan Account|
|VeriScan Enterprise||Create a new VeriScan Account|
Download VeriScan on Your Android Device
Already have an account?
Download the VeriScan app and sign-in with your existing device login.
Once you have a VeriScan Account, you are ready to download the app, connect it to your account, and start scanning. To get started, you can use this guide:
|VeriScan for Android|